- Tenant tickets are sold at the Observatory Ticket Office located on the second floor Visitors Center. Tenants may access this area by entering the Observatory via the 34th street Observatory entrance. Present your Tenant ID badge to any Observatory employee to be guided to the ticket office.
- Tenants are offered a discounted ticket price starting at $27.22 for a regular 86th Floor Observatory retail ticket instead of the regular adult rate starting at $42.00.
- For tenants' convenience, we recommend tenants pre-purchase their tickets at least 72 hours prior to the anticipated visit.
- Tenants may purchase up to (20) tickets per month. If a tenant requires more than 20 tickets within a month, the tenant must contact the ESB Observatory Sales Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tenant MUST carry their Tenant ID badge and accompany his/her guests at all times during the visit (tenant must purchase their own ticket). Tenants with ID will be permitted to bypass the elevators lines and proceed to the front of the lines (only on the way up to the Observatory). Note: all tenants and guests must wait in the Security Line; there is no express access to bypass this line.
- Tenant tickets are only available for the 86th Floor Observatory.
- For further questions, email us at email@example.com.
ESB Express Pass:
The Empire State Building offers an express option to all guests. The cost for the Express Pass starts at $78.00 and allows the guest to bypass all lines to and from the 86th floor observatory.
Building Entry Points:
Fifth Avenue Entrance - Observatory visitor and tourist entrance.
33rd and 34th Street Entrances - Tenant and tenant visitor entrance.
Handicap Entrance - 34th Street. Note: The 34th Street Handicap Entrance is only open Monday - Friday until 6 p.m. Please use the Main Entrance for all other times.
Everyone must go through the security check when entering the building. The security check is similar to what is present at most airports and consists of a walk-through scanner and baggage check system. No glass or bottles are permitted to be taken to the Observatory. Cameras and camcorders are allowed, but no tripods. ONLY carry-on size and style bags, suitcases, backpacks, duffle bags, luggage, etc., are permitted. There is no coat check, package, baggage check or holding area available.
For more information about the Observatory policies, visit www.esbnyc.com.
For emergencies, please contact the nearest building security or staff member for assistance.
Note: During busy peak periods, the Empire State Building reserves the right to restrict access to the Observatory. During lightning storms, icy or other severe weather conditions, the outside deck may be closed. Tickets are not refundable and expire 14 days from the date of purchase. Tickets are for one-time use only.