86th Floor Observatory:
The 86th Floor Observatory, 1,050 feet (320 meters), reached by high speed, automatic elevators, has both a glass-enclosed area, which is heated in winter and cooled in summer, and spacious outdoor promenades on all four sides of the Building. Free high-powered binoculars are available on the promenades for the convenience of visitors. Our souvenir shop, operated by Hudson Group, is located on the 2nd floor. The 86th Floor Observatory is handicap accessible.
102nd Floor Observatory:
The 102nd Floor Observatory is a glass-enclosed viewing room - and the highest point of the Building available to visitors.
Open daily 365 days a year., 7 days a week.
Special Tenant Admission Prices:
- Tenant tickets are sold at the Observatory Ticket Booth located on the lobby.
- Tenants may access this area at our 20 West 34th Street entrance, between 5th and 6th Avenues.
- Present your Tenant ID badge to any Observatory employee to be guided to the ticket booth.
- ESB Tenants are currently offered the opportunity to purchase a discounted ticket instead of the regular adult rate, for the 86th Floor Observatory. Please note there are no discounted tickets for sunset viewing or the 102nd floor
- Please contact building management regarding the Tenant Observatory discount, as the price is subject to change. For our tenants' convenience, we recommend pre-purchasing their tickets at minimum 72 hours prior to the anticipated visit.
- For tenants' convenience, we recommend tenants pre-purchase their tickets at least 72 hours prior to the anticipated visit.
- Tenants may purchase up to (20) tickets per month. If a tenant requires more than 20 tickets within a month, the tenant must contact the ESB Observatory Sales Office at email@example.com, where regular group rate tickets will be offered.
- Tenant MUST carry their Tenant ID badge and always accompany their guests during the visit (Please note that the escorting tenant must also purchase their own ticket).
- ESB Tenants will also have the courtesy to bypass the elevator queue lines and proceed to the front of the queue lines (only on the way up to the Observatory).
During peak periods, the Empire State Building reserves the right to restrict access to the Observatory. During lightning storms, icy or other severe weather conditions, the outside deck may be closed. Tickets are non-refundable and expire 24 hours from the date of the reservation occurring. Tickets are for one-time use only.